Six policy briefs have been released by the Sustainable Development Initiative on the Implementation of Article 6 of the Paris Agreement under the UNFCCC process to provide a summary of a series of six moderated roundtable discussions to analyse stakeholder views on the options to operationalise sustainable development provisions in the implementation of Article 6 within the UNFCCC process.
Each brief outlines the key issue, provides considerations relevant to Article 6 and puts forward text recommendations for provisions in Article 6.
1. SUSTAINABLE DEVELOPMENT AND GOVERNANCE IN CONTEXT OF THE UNFCCC PROCESS
Rationale and recommendations for sustainable development provisions compatible with the national prerogative in Article 6 of the Paris Agreement. Download here
2. SAFEGUARDING PRINCIPLES AND DO-NO-HARM APPROACHES FOR CLIMATE ACTION
Best practice, tools and guidance for safeguarding principles and do-no-harm assessments of climate actions and relevant considerations for negotiations under Article 6 of the Paris Agreement. Download here
3. SUSTAINABLE DEVELOPMENT IMPACT ASSESSMENT OF CLIMATE ACTIONS
Best practice, tools and guidance for sustainable development assessment of climate actions and relevant considerations for Article 6 of the Paris Agreement. Download here
4. CRITERIA FOR SUSTAINABLE DEVELOPMENT AND HOW TO USE THE SUSTAINABLE DEVELOPMENT GOAL (SDG) FRAMEWORK
Defining criteria for sustainable development nationally and using the SDG framework for implementation of Article 6 of the Paris Agreement. Download here
5. SUSTAINABLE DEVELOPMENT STAKEHOLDER CONSULTATION
Ensuring the consultation of relevant stakeholders when implementing activities under Article 6 of the Paris Agreement. Download here
6. TRANSPARENCY AND REPORTING FOR SUSTAINABLE DEVELOPMENT
Transparent reporting of sustainable development elements within voluntary cooperation of Article 6 of the Paris Agreement. Download here
|Content type:||Other contribution|