UNEP DTU Partnership is providing support to the Government of Paraguay to develop the CEO Endorsement Document to access the Capacity Building Initiative for Transparency (CBIT) funds under the Global Environment Facility (GEF) for enhanced transparency activities. GEF-CBIT will support Paraguay to build transparency systems both through using existing mandates and institutions, and by the creation of new ones, by supporting the “Establish an integral MRV/M&E system to enhance climate transparency in Paraguay”. In particular through the preparation of the PIF project of the CBIT, some elements where found where Paraguay’s transparency can be enhanced by working on the following elements:
- Institutional arrangements established and strengthened to coordinate and manage transparency activities
- Technical support, training and tools provided to Paraguay to submit transparent, consistent, comparable, complete and accurate GHG inventories.
- Technical support, training and tools developed and provided to Paraguay to track its NDC and support received.
A local consultant will contribute to support this process.
Read more in the ToR here.
The contract period is expected to last 6 months from the day the contract is signed (with a partial dedication).
Fluency in written and oral English and Spanish is required to prepare satisfactorily the documents and organize the activities.
21th January 2020
- Requirements (in Spanish or English):
- A description (1 to 2 pages) of:
- a) the approach that the consultant would take to cover the tasks mentioned above and
- b) the way the consultant would engage with the national counterparts.
To apply for this position, please email Per Wretlind (email@example.com) and Fernando Farias (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Application deadline: 21/01/2020Read more