The ICAT Climate Action Transparency Initiative in Ecuador, requires an IT Specialist to develop the modules of the National Greenhouse Gas Inventory System (SINGEI) for sectors related to Energy, Industrial Processes, Agriculture and Waste
UNEP DTU Partnership need a Short-term IT Specialist, in order to develop modules of the National Greenhouse Gas Inventory System (SINGEI in Spanish), with a focus on the national MRV system in Energy, Industrial Processes, Agriculture and Waste sectors.
The Climate Action Transparency Initiative (ICAT) develops the provisions of the Paris Agreement, to strengthen national institutions to comply with the requirements of data and information transparency.
ICAT is a neutral multi-donor fund designed to strengthen the capacities of developing countries, so that National Greenhouse Gas Inventories can be reported with a higher level of available information, thereby contributing to the evaluation of impacts that the NCD will have on each of the sectors considered; which seeks greater quality, confidence and ambition to climate policies throughout the country and the world. The initiative’s approach considers the needs of the countries and the national MRV requirements of the country.
Ecuador has made important advances related to monitoring, reporting and verification of GHG emissions; such as the strengthening of the GHG inventory generation process, the publication of biennial update reports (IBA) and the third national communication (TCN), and the design of a national greenhouse gas inventory system or SINGEI.
From this, ICAT is expected to strengthen the capacity of the institutions that collect and provide information on the activity data to SINGEI. This will lead to the reported information becoming more transparent and robust.
Based on this background, the consultant’s work will focus on developing the modules of the National Greenhouse Gas Inventories System (SINGEI) in the ICAT sectors, which will be housed in the Unique Environmental Information System (SUIA).
For which we have the following objectives:
- Design the specifications of data structures (sectoral forms), user classes, list of characteristics, data reports and frames in the general architecture of SINGEI to collect and validate information.
- Program the characteristics and shapes of the SINGEI modules according to the developed specification and the identified functionalities.
- Develop test cases with a group of users for each sector, and test whether the SINGEI modules they developed work as expected. Apply a usability study with a group of representative users.
- Provide training to users on how to operate the SINGEI modules and on the functionalities developed to configure forms, collect information, and validate information.
- Develop a maintenance plan for the SINGEI modules to maintain the operating system.
REQUIREMENTS FOR THE SPECIALIST:
Education: Professional with a third level degree in Systems Engineering, Computer Engineering or careers related to computer systems and computing.
The specialist must have demonstrated work experience of at least 5 years in analysis and software development with JAVA, with knowledge in SQL and, management and administration of structured databases, specifically POSTGRES 9.4 or higher versions.
It is desirable that the specialist has work experience in software development projects for the public sector.
Fluency in written and oral Spanish is required. Good level of written English.
- Attach portfolio of at least 2 successful software development projects with JAVA.
- A description (1 page) that explains the work plan proposed to achieve the desired results in the times established in this ToR, also specifying the automatic protocols that are proposed to consume information from other systems.
To apply for this position, please email:
Andrés Sarzosa, National Coordinator ICAT Ecuador (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Sandra Aparcana, UNEP DTU (email@example.com)
Application deadline: 19/10/2020