The UNEP DTU Partnership is providing technical support to Mauritius for the development of a web-based platform for monitoring the implementation of climate change mitigation actions included in its Nationally Determined Contribution (NDC) to the Paris Agreement, henceforth the Mauritius NDC Registry Platform. The NDC Registry Platform’s objective is to aggregate information about the climate policies and projects that Mauritius is implementing in its NDC and facilitate the collection of the necessary data for tracking the progress in the achievement of the NDC.
Mauritius has at the moment no institutionalized procedures and centralized system to report and monitor the implementation of climate actions. The development of a Climate Change Portal is envisioned in order to become the central repository and reporting system for national information relevant for climate change, including for GHG inventory, the NDC, national communications and biennial transparency reports, climate change impacts and adaptation, support needed and received and relevant climate change data. As a first step to develop such portal Mauritius seeks to establish an NDC registry aimed at monitoring and reporting the implementation and achievement of the NDC, i.e. mitigation policies and measures, actions and plans, including those with mitigation co-benefits resulting from adaptation actions and economic diversification plans, related to implementing and achieving the NDC.
Proposals that expand on or describe how the NDC Registry will facilitate the inclusion on other modules / functions of the platform that allow the monitoring, reporting and visualization of climate data in Mauritius, submitted reports to the UNFCCC, climate relevant policies, GHG inventory, adaptation, technical and financial and support needed and received will be assessed positively.
The NDC Registry needs to become the centralized platform through which relevant institutions report on the progress of their mitigation policies and measures, actions and plans, including those with mitigation co-benefits resulting from adaptation actions and economic diversification plans, related to implementing and achieving the NDC. The information reported will assist the country to track progress made in implementing and achieving its NDC, and report this information to the UNFCCC through biennial transparency reports. In addition, the NDC Registry will provide the general public with selected relevant information on the targets and progress towards the achievement of the NDC.
The table below lists the deliverables for this project. Deliverables will be evaluated by UNEP DTU Partnership prior to acceptance.
|1||Software requirements specification (SRS)||SRS to be produced by the supplier’s team with inputs from UNEP DTU|
|2||Software development plan||Detailed schedule|
|3||Software design description||Platform interface design including mockups, to be developed with inputs from UNEP DTU|
|4||Software source code||All source code with code comments included; the supplier should provide an example of code comments for approval of format|
|5||Test cases and training of stakeholders on Beta version||Test cases to be developed by supplier’s team with input and revision by UNEP DTU Partnership and end users|
|6||Testing summary||Test plans, procedures, and detailed report of execution;|
Defect tracking reports and performance metrics;
|7||Maintenance and installation document||Detailed procedures for installation and maintenance of software|
The maximum budget is US$97,500.
The selected vendor will be able to demonstrate capacity in similar work, particularly operational, technical, cost and management requirements. A successful proposal will:
- Describe in detail the firm’s proposal to address the requirements outlined in this RFP, including details such as technologies to be
- Describe the project process and methodology including sample deliverables from past projects of comparable size and Document examples of the firm’s experience in designing/developing each of the project requirements.
- Provide a timeline for the completion of the work that match the deliverables mentioned above and in the RFP document.
Prospective vendors should submit:
- A statement of interest describing the proposed team and how it meets the above requirements;
- Scope, Approach and methodology: Include a short description of the Approach to the scope of work indicated in the RFP document. Describe Approach to designing and developing the tool.
- Project Deliverables and Timeline: Include a description of deliverables and a work plan to complete the requirements according to the timeline.
- Project Management Approach: Include a brief description of the Approach used to manage the overall project.
- Detailed Itemized Pricing: Include a fee breakdown of the project expenses by deliverables described in this RFP. Also provide separate estimates, if applicable, for developing the tool and for hosting it at the Government Online Centre (GOC) of Mauritius.
- Description of qualifications and examples of and references for similar previous work: Describe qualifications related to both developing tools and the subject matter, if applicable. Include an overview of qualifications and descriptions of completed projects relevant to this RFP. Provide at least one example of related work, preferably a similar tool developed for another project.
- Transfer of work: As applicable, include an explanation of how this work will be transferred to be managed entirely on a day-to-day basis by the Government Online Centre (GOC) of Mauritius.
- CVs of team members: Include biographies and relevant experience of key staff and management personnel. Describe the qualifications and relevant experience of the types of staff that would be assigned to this project by providing biographies for those staff members.
- A proposed budget with a breakdown of costs
Proposals will be evaluated in terms of quality, delivery schedule, price, project management, risk management, and satisfaction of the technical requirements set forth in this RFP. Specific evaluation criteria are defined in section 9. Proposal Evaluation Criteria in the RFP.
Please send the queries, questions and the final application to Talat Munshi at email@example.com
Application deadline: 29/04/2021