Background to the assignment
UNEP DTU Partnership (UDP) is a leading international research and advisory institution on energy, climate and sustainable development. Its work focuses on assisting developing countries transition towards more low carbon development paths, and supports integration of climate-resilience in national development through in-depth research, policy analysis, and capacity building activities. In the area of impact assessment UDP supports a variety of actors with evidence-based assessments of the economic, social and environmental impacts of climate policies and actions.
Under this area of work, UDP is engaged in a variety of projects, namely The Initiative for Climate Action Transparency (ICAT), and projects Supporting financial institutions in developing climate strategies, and assessing the impacts of their investments on climate mitigation, sustainable development, and transformational change. UDP is also engaged in other analyses of mitigation, sustainable development, and transformational impacts of technologies, projects, policies, and investments, in the context of providing research-based support to organisations interested in getting insights on these impacts, through methodology development, capacity building activities, and impact assessment consultancy.
UDP is seeking a consultant that can support the above mentioned areas of work.
Duration of assignment
1 year (extension possible)
- in Environmental Engineering, Sustainability, Environmental Science or similar and two years of relevant professional experience. Experience in working with developing countries is considered a strong advantage;
- Knowledge of and experience in working with impact assessment methodologies for sustainable development and transformational change, life cycle assessment, and GHG footprint. Familiarity with ICAT methodologies for sustainable development and transformational change is considered a strong advantage;
- Knowledge of the architecture of the Paris Agreement, the Enhanced Transparency Framework, and experience in working with climate transparency and development of national MRV systems for climate actions;
- Demonstrated knowledge of the EU Taxonomy for sustainable finance activities, and impact assessment methodologies for financial institutions such as PCAF. Experience in working with financial institutions on the topic of GHG footprint;
- Demonstrated ability in working independently, project management experience, and presentation skills;
- Working knowledge of English and Spanish.
CV + Motivation letter
Forward to Henry Neufeldt at email@example.com
Application deadline: 06/08/2021Read more