A local consultant with strong knowledge of the sectoral landscape and national policies as well as strong links to local key stakeholders is being recruited to support the design of the NDC Action project in Vietnam.
The UNEP DTU Partnership (UDP), in collaboration with UNEP, has launched a new project ‘NDC Action – Facilitating implementation of climate-resilient and low-carbon development aligned with national and global goals’, funded by the International Climate Initiative. The overall aim of the project is to support countries in translating their nationally determined contribution (NDC) into a portfolio of policies and programmes, ready for financing and implementation, in two priority sectors selected by each country. The engagement of financial institutions for the development of climate-friendly investment plans is hereby one of the key elements of the project.
This four-year project is being executed in ten different countries across Latin America, Africa, and Asia and the UNEP DTU Partnership is recruiting a Consultant to conduct a baseline study to help design the NDC Action project in Vietnam.
The Consultant will be responsible for collecting data and providing analysis to support the establishment of multi-stakeholder consultation mechanisms and processes as well as the selection of two priority sectors for this project. The consultant will further collect information that facilitates the identification of relevant national technical institutions to provide technical assistance for the two priority sectors.
The Consultant will prepare a report with recommendations based on desk review and consultation with key stakeholders.
- A postgraduate degree or equivalent work experiences in a relevant field for the tasks;
- At least 10 years of work experience in the field of climate policies including mitigation and adaptation;
- Profound understanding of the local context and well-established networks in the country.
Profile and Skills
The Consultant should possess:
- Excellent writing, communication, and facilitation skills as well as strong analytical capabilities;
- Demonstrated ability to collect data and interview stakeholders from all relevant stakeholders in planning and implementation of NDC including government agencies, private sector, and civil society but not limited to;
- Knowledge of the sectoral landscape in Vietnam in climate context;
- Knowledge of policies at national level including national development objectives, green growth strategies & plans, and sector policies.
- Knowledge of modus operandi between the central government and provincial government in budgeting and implementing policies and programmes
- Ability to map international players in relation to NDC implementation and climate finance
The Consultant will be contracted directly by the UNEP DTU Partnership (UDP).
The Consultant will work under the supervision of the UNEP DTU Partnership and UNEP ROAP.
The first draft is to be submitted by 31 Jan. 2020, the final draft by 28 Feb. 2020.
All working papers, draft reports, and Final Report should be prepared and submitted in soft copies in English Language.
Selection Process and Selection Criteria
The selection process will be carried out by UDP. The selection will be based on criteria such as relevant qualifications, experiences, and skills as well as a motivated application and methodology including a description of how the Consultant will conduct the assignment as laid out in the ToR.
To express your interest, send your CV, a motivated application and addresses for 3 references, to the UDP NDC Action Manager, Myung-Kyoon Lee at firstname.lastname@example.org by 22 November 2019.
Applications received after the application deadline on 22 November 2019 will not be considered.
Application deadline: 22/11/2019