UNEP DTU Partnership is seeking to hire a short-term individual consultant on Health and Climate Change within the Initiative for Climate Action Transparency (ICAT) Argentina Project (Consultant #8).
Background to the assignment
Since 2020 and up to 2022 UNEP-DTU Partnership will support the Secretariat of Climate Change, Sustainable Development and Technology Innovation from the Ministry of Environment and Sustainable Development of the Republic of Argentina to develop the ICAT Argentina Project.
The ICAT Argentina Project aims to assist the country in enhancing and improving technical capacities related to climate transparency efforts in six areas:
- a) Ensuring that local mitigation efforts made by the Circular Economy (CE) approach are reflected in the overall GHG emissions accounting of Argentina’s GHG Inventory System;
- b) Supporting the work on Argentina´s Long-Term Climate Strategy (LTS) through a transparent assessment of local disruptive mitigation and adaptation measures likely to be considered into its LTS;
- c) Increasing transparency in Argentina´s GHG emissions reporting and projections in particular for the Forestry Sector;
- d) Deepening the analysis and knowledge of the local Disruptive Innovations identified in Component # 2. Evaluate the possibilities of scaling up national pilot projects to support Argentina’s LTS;
- e) Identifying and quantifying possible mitigation actions for health facilities within the framework of the Health and Climate Change chapter of the “National Adaptation and Mitigation Plan” of Argentina; and
- f) Analyzing short- and medium- term impacts of COVID-19 and other co-benefits due to changes in work modalities in Argentina.
Duration of assignment: 11 months.
Budget available: 7,085.70 USD
Qualifications of consultant:
- 5 year university degree in Environmental / Health sciences, Engineering, Biology, or other university degree relevant to climate change, environment and national development (required).
- A minimum of 1 year of professional experience of technical work in the areas of climate change mitigation and specially working with health projects under public administration (required);
- Demonstrates excellent understanding of Argentina’s national policy related to climate change with particular focus on health systems (desired);
- Experience working with public sector in both national and subnational level (desired).
- The candidate must be native in Spanish and have excellent writing, reading and editing skills in English.
SPECIAL KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Excellent understanding of global and national climate change issues in particular related to health systems;
- Knowledge and understanding of theories, concepts and approaches relevant to climate change mitigation and adaptation planning, and intergovernmental climate change negotiations;
- Relationship skills with public and private sector officials;
- Ability to identify issues, analyze and participate in the resolution of issues/problems.
- Ability to apply judgment in the context of assignments given, plan own work and manage conflicting priorities. Shows pride in work and in achievements;
- Demonstrates professional competence and mastery of subject matter; Is conscientious and efficient in meeting commitments, observing deadlines and achieving results; Is motivated by professional rather than personal concerns;
- Shows persistence when faced with difficult problems or challenges; Remains calm in stressful situations; Shows leadership capacities;
- Knowledge of IT tools such as Microsoft Office.
- Experience in teamwork, with recognition in the field of their specialty to cooperate with consultants of other specialties;
- Works collaboratively with colleagues to achieve organizational goals; solicits input by genuinely valuing others’ ideas and expertise; is willing to learn from others; supports and acts in accordance with final group decision, even when such decisions may not entirely reflect own position; shares credit for team accomplishments and accepts joint responsibility for team shortcomings.
PLANNING AND ORGANIZING:
- Develops clear goals that are consistent with agreed strategies; identifies priority activities and assignments; adjusts priorities as required; allocates appropriate amount of time and resources for completing work; foresees risks and allows for contingencies when planning; monitors and adjusts plans and actions as necessary; uses time efficiently.
- Experts must have full time availability (required);
Required documents: CV and letter (1 to 2 pages) describing how the consultant experience and skills will help with the assigned tasks mentioned above. This letter might be in Spanish.
To apply for this position, please email Fernando Farias: email@example.com CC Laura Ortiz de Zárate: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Application deadline: 03/08/2021Read more