UNEP DTU Partnership is seeking to hire a short-term individual consultant on Circular Economy and Climate Change within the Initiative for Climate Action Transparency (ICAT) Argentina Project.
Background to the assignment
During 2020 and 2021 UNEP-DTU Partnership will support the Secretariat of Climate Change, Sustainable Development and Technology Innovation from the Ministry of Environment and Sustainable Development of the Republic of Argentina to develop the ICAT Argentina Project.
The ICAT Argentina Project aims to assist the country in enhancing and improving technical capacities related to climate transparency efforts in three areas:
- a) Ensuring that local mitigation efforts made by the Circular Economy (CE) approach are reflected in the overall GHG emissions accounting of Argentina’s GHG Inventory System;
- b) Supporting the work on Argentina´s Long-Term Climate Strategy (LTS) through a transparent assessment of local disruptive mitigation and adaptation measures likely to be considered into its LTS; and
- c) Increasing transparency in Argentina´s GHG emissions reporting and projections in particular for the Forestry Sector
Duration of assignment: 13 months.
Budget available: 12,311.0 USD
Qualifications of consultant:
- Bachelor degree in Environmental sciences, Engineering, Biology, or other university degree relevant to environment, climate change, and national development. (required)
- A minimum of 1 year of professional experience in the areas of public policies, environment, sustainable development and/or climate change with projects linked to public administration (required);
- Demonstrates understanding of Argentina’s national policy related to climate change. (desirable);
- Demonstrates knowledge of international climate change frameworks such as UNFCCC (desirable);
- Experience working with, and building partnerships with public and private sector (desirable).
- The candidate must be native in Spanish and have excellent writing, reading and editing skills in English.
Special knowledge and skills:
- Excellent understanding of global and national climate change issues in particular related to climate transparency;
- Knowledge and understanding of theories, concepts and approaches relevant to climate change mitigation and adaptation planning, and intergovernmental climate change negotiations;
- Relationship skills with public and private sector officials;
- Ability to identify issues, analyze and participate in the resolution of issues/problems.
- Ability to apply judgment in the context of assignments given, plan own work and manage conflicting priorities. Shows pride in work and in achievements;
- Demonstrates professional competence and mastery of subject matter; Is conscientious and efficient in meeting commitments, observing deadlines and achieving results; Is motivated by professional rather than personal concerns;
- Shows persistence when faced with difficult problems or challenges; Remains calm in stressful situations; Shows leadership capacities;
- Knowledge of IT tools such as Microsoft Office.
- Experience in teamwork, with recognition in the field of their specialty to cooperate with consultants of other specialties;
- Works collaboratively with colleagues to achieve organizational goals; solicits input by genuinely valuing others’ ideas and expertise; is willing to learn from others; supports and acts in accordance with final group decision, even when such decisions may not entirely reflect own position; shares credit for team accomplishments and accepts joint responsibility for team shortcomings.
PLANNING AND ORGANIZING:
- Develops clear goals that are consistent with agreed strategies; identifies priority activities and assignments; adjusts priorities as required; allocates appropriate amount of time and resources for completing work; foresees risks and allows for contingencies when planning; monitors and adjusts plans and actions as necessary; uses time efficiently.
- Experts must be based in Buenos Aires and have full time availability (required);
- Experts with Argentine nationality will have priority – parity of experience and knowledge;
- Experts must have availability to travel within Argentina and abroad as needed.
Application deadline: Date (5PM Central European Time)
Required documents: CV and letter (1 to 2 pages) describing match between personal skills and professional requirements and agreement with the budget available. This letter might be in Spanish.
Please submit your bid to Fernando Farias at firstname.lastname@example.org, Stefania D´Annibali at email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org
Application deadline: 18/09/2020