The implementation of countries’ nationally determined contribution (NDC) to the Paris Agreement is a large undertaking. While each country will implement its NDC in its own way, there are common features of the implementation process that contribute to successful results and streamlined submission of future NDCs. The webinar will walk participants through choices in developing implementation strategies, laid out in 5 generic steps.
- Alignment of climate and development objectives
- Preparation of NDC implementation
- Development of a finance strategy
- Monitoring and reporting of NDC progress and achievement
- Revising strategies and preparing subsequent NDCs
This invited webinar is based on the recent publication Implementing Nationally Determined Contributions (NDCs), published by UNEP, UNDP, UNEP DTU Partnership and WRI.